It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:25 pm Advanced search

DoD Free Month Entries and Voting

Any discussion about past, present and future DoD competitions and songs is in here!

DoD Free Month Entries and Voting

Postby IvanHakstok » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:47 pm

Entries are up! Great turnout, now let's see who'll get money for nothing and chicks for free.

Grab the entries and vote on the duel page: http://dwellingofduels.net/duels/17-04-free/

Use the sliders to vote, and send the votes to dodsongs@gmail.com. The voting deadline is April 30th, 11:59PM EDT.

Listening party log: http://dwellingofduels.net/dodarchive/1 ... 4-Free.log
IvanHakstok

Re: DoD Free Month Entries and Voting

Postby IvanHakstok » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:25 am

Official public statement from the DoD team:

This month there were attempts of voting fraud. i.e multiple votes obviously favoring one particular entry.

We know how to spot this kind of voting, and votes in question will not be used in the overall tally. Here's the reminder that the artists should remain anonymous to everyone while the voting is ongoing, family members and friends included.

Play fair, vote fair.

- DoD team
IvanHakstok

Postby TwoJan » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:22 am

This could be done deliberately to eliminate the competitor. :doglaugh:
TwoJan

Postby Brandon Strader » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:35 am

The entry with the voter fraud is being DQ'd right? I'd be willing to bet that happens more than is publicly known
Brandon Strader

Postby IvanHakstok » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:33 am

Brandon Strader wrote:The entry with the voter fraud is being DQ'd right? I'd be willing to bet that happens more than is publicly known

We're not gonna disqualify any entries. Just removing the phony votes is enough since we don't wanna point any fingers and we want to let the person compete fairly in the future. And no, this isn't something that happens often (I'm aware of only 2 cases in the last couple of years).
IvanHakstok

Postby Brandon Strader » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:20 pm

They could enter fairly in the future while being DQ'd and named this month. This type of behavior needs to be punished and deterred. If someone stops entering because they got named as a fraud one month, that isn't going to hurt DoD. Letting cheaters go without punishment will hurt the credibility of DoD.

I get that anonymity is a joke anyway, and friends of people often vote for a certain song regardless of quality, just look at every year's MAG winners. But letting someone abuse the system in such an obvious way as to be caught in the act, should not be allowed to just "get away with it".

That's my 2 cents
Brandon Strader

Postby IvanHakstok » Mon May 01, 2017 6:01 am

Nobody's getting named and nobody's getting disqualified.

And I don't know if we ever had an undeserving MAGFest top 3.
IvanHakstok

Return to DoD Central