It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:23 pm Advanced search

Themes Suggestions

Any discussion about past, present and future DoD competitions and songs is in here!

Re: Themes Suggestions

Postby IvanHakstok » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:00 am

Castle Month

Forts/castles themes
User avatar
IvanHakstok
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:22 am
Location: Ston, Croatia

Re: Themes Suggestions

Postby 3ngag3 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:31 am

I'm making my first post on this stupid board to suggest Data East month.

Oh, and what's up guys?
User avatar
3ngag3
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:57 pm

Re: Themes Suggestions

Postby IvanHakstok » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:29 am

Combo Month!

Song must feature sources from at least 2 different games. Or at least 2 different series. Or at least 2 different consoles. Lots of possibilities here!



Fresh Month!

Sources from games that haven't been done in DoD yet.
User avatar
IvanHakstok
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:22 am
Location: Ston, Croatia

Re: Themes Suggestions

Postby Ryan8bit » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:28 pm

I like those ideas. I do think there was an idea for a multi game type of month where you had to do a medley of a song from each game, but it's kinda far out.
Ryan8bit
Corrupt Advisor of DoD
 
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:02 pm

Re: Themes Suggestions

Postby Kisai » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:22 am

I wanted to post a reply, only because this has been driving me crazy.

Why not have a month devoted to a certain year? Like a month dedicated to games that were released in 2001 or something?

I say this only because I want to see more remixes of newer games. And by "new" I mean games that are now over 10 years old, and still barely get any recognition. I love Sonic, Mega Man, Zelda, and Final Fantasy as much as the next person, but those are the only games with awesome-sounding tracks. There's lots of "newer" games that have awesome music too.
Kisai
 

Re: Themes Suggestions

Postby IvanHakstok » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:23 am

Kisai wrote:I wanted to post a reply, only because this has been driving me crazy.

Why not have a month devoted to a certain year? Like a month dedicated to games that were released in 2001 or something?

I say this only because I want to see more remixes of newer games. And by "new" I mean games that are now over 10 years old, and still barely get any recognition. I love Sonic, Mega Man, Zelda, and Final Fantasy as much as the next person, but those are the only games with awesome-sounding tracks. There's lots of "newer" games that have awesome music too.


That's actually a pretty good suggestion. Maybe make a list of top 3 or top 5 years you'd like to see, with some game examples?
User avatar
IvanHakstok
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:22 am
Location: Ston, Croatia

Re: Themes Suggestions

Postby VankiP » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:01 am

- Sega Genesis Month. I think there is not need an explanation.
- Happy Month. You can make a cover of any game released on any console. The main thing that it turned out happy and positive.
User avatar
VankiP
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:35 am

Re: Themes Suggestions

Postby IvanHakstok » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:40 am

VankiP wrote:- Happy Month. You can make a cover of any game released on any console. The main thing that it turned out happy and positive.



THIS!
User avatar
IvanHakstok
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:22 am
Location: Ston, Croatia

Re: Themes Suggestions

Postby Katamari » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:59 am

IvanHakstok wrote:
VankiP wrote:- Happy Month. You can make a cover of any game released on any console. The main thing that it turned out happy and positive.



THIS!

IvanHakstok Month
http://www.wasdband.com

If you have a question about my reviews for your song, and want more feedback, just send me a PM and I can help you out more!
User avatar
Katamari
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:12 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: Themes Suggestions

Postby Katamari » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:45 pm

IvanHakstok wrote:
Kisai wrote:I wanted to post a reply, only because this has been driving me crazy.

Why not have a month devoted to a certain year? Like a month dedicated to games that were released in 2001 or something?

I say this only because I want to see more remixes of newer games. And by "new" I mean games that are now over 10 years old, and still barely get any recognition. I love Sonic, Mega Man, Zelda, and Final Fantasy as much as the next person, but those are the only games with awesome-sounding tracks. There's lots of "newer" games that have awesome music too.


That's actually a pretty good suggestion. Maybe make a list of top 3 or top 5 years you'd like to see, with some game examples?



2008:
Left 4 Dead, Spore, MAss Effect, Dead Space, The Witcher, Fallout 3, No More Heroes, The world ends with you, Mega Man 9, Bioshock

2004:
HL2, Metroid Prime 2, Vampire the Masquerade, Paper Mario TTYD, Thief, DOOM 3, Halo 2, World of Warcraft, Far Cry, Cavestory, Katamari Damacy <3

2006: Okami [thats all you need]

2005: God Of War, Quake 4, Animal Crossing Wild World, Resident Evil 4, Psychonauts, Shadow of the COllossus, Age of Empires 3, Battlefront 2,
http://www.wasdband.com

If you have a question about my reviews for your song, and want more feedback, just send me a PM and I can help you out more!
User avatar
Katamari
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:12 pm
Location: Maryland

PreviousNext

Return to DoD Central

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron