It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:08 pm Advanced search

DoD SotN Results, Free Month Next

Any discussion about past, present and future DoD competitions and songs is in here!

DoD SotN Results, Free Month Next

Postby IvanHakstok » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:00 pm

Results for SotN month are here!

#1 Scrab Cakes - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - Silent Film Partita - good -0.27
#2 Careless Juja, Brandon Strader - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - Ghosts of the Colosseum - above average +0.4
#3 ansgaros - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - Oh, books - above average +0.35
#4 Mega Beardo - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - Here Lies Roy G. Biv - above average +0.22
#5 Czyszy, Perpetuum Sonora - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - Perfect Selection: Dracula Fiddle - above average -0.01
#6 Daniel Alm - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - Miss Hubris - above average -0.03
#7 pingosimon - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - Woodcarving Prelude & Fugue - above average -0.19
#8 TwoJan - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - Lost Harmonisations - above average -0.47
#9 Reuben Spiers - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - An Artist's Tragedy - average +0.22
#10 Hat - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - Nocturne (Bring Me To Night) - average +0.16
Voters: 28

Better turnout and quality than I ever expected! Congratulations to Scrab Cakes on the first ever win, and thanks to everyone else who entered, voted and reviewed!

You can grab the songs on the duel page: http://dwellingofduels.net/duels/17-03-sotn/

Next month is...

FREE MONTH

Play your guitar in DoD, get your reviews for nothing and your votes for free!

Deadline is April 26th, 6PM EDT. Send your songs to dodsongs@gmail.com.
IvanHakstok

Re: DoD SotN Results, Free Month Next

Postby Czyszy » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:22 pm

Thank you for your time, votes and reviews. This submission is kind of a milestone for me. It's the first time I collabed with the amazing PerpetuumSonora (trumpet). Also, the first time I played the violin, ukulaika and balalasitar in my life. I think that the problem was the fact that I tried to kill too many genre birds with one DoD stone ;p and the whole thing ended up a bit stitchy and allovertheplace. It's still IMO one of my better tracks. There's definitely a craploada improvement since that Bonk cover, of which now I'm not a huge fan anymore (there's still a thin layer of nostalgia glass, through which I tend to look at old things, though). Anyhow, this was a cool month. Congrats to Scrab Cakes.
Czyszy

Re: DoD SotN Results, Free Month Next

Postby TwoJan » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:40 pm

Please, post the chat log from listening party April Free Month. 8|
TwoJan

Return to DoD Central